Creativity and Genre

 Creativity is a very important part when trying or learning something new. Creativity can be used so much in our everyday life. In the Ted Talk, “The Theory of Creativity,” he talked about how he got his nephew a bike and his nephew played with the box more than the bike, why, because it “could be anything he wanted it to be, it was anything you wanted it to be, it was a fort, it was a castle, it was a rocket ship, it was Barbie’s house.” His nephew was creative and made the box whatever he wanted it to be. He was creative and used his imagination, instead of riding a bike. As we get older, we think of a box as just a box, nothing else. It is good for younger kids to discover creativity and use their imagination in different ways 

In the “New Introductions” activity, it made us have to think in a way we don’t normally think. For example, I wrote, “I’m like a cake because I’m sweet.” It forced us to think in a more creative way. It was a little difficult to figure out what to write at first, but once you think about it more, it becomes easier. Activities that make you think differently, allow us to become more creative in a way 

According to the article, “An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life.” “Beautiful risks are different because they involve doing something that may not work out but have the potential to make a contribution to the learning and lives of others. Creative expression in educational settings can often be a beautiful risk because sharing creative insights, ideas, and work not only stands to benefit oneself, but also has the potential to benefit others.” Creativity allows us to take risks and benefit ourselves and others. Being creative will help you in any setting and think in different ways. Creativity benefits us and our life more than you might think. 

One of the magazines I researched is called Travel and LeisureAll these magazines have to do with traveling and fun places to go to. It uses all real pictures and different typography. I love the way the Travel and Leisure magazines uses bold fonts for the title and other creative fonts for different phrases. I feel like it makes it stand out in different ways. There is nothing I would change about this magazine. The other magazine I researched is called Better Homes and Gardening. This magazine is geared toward more adults. These magazines are very colorful and artsy. I like how it is geared towards adults who want to better their home and environment. If I could change something about this magazine, I would change how cluttered it looks and make it a bit more simple on the cover. I really love the way the Travel and Leisure magazine has one big main image on the cover and the masthead is big and easy to read. It looks really clean and simple. If I had to make my magazine right now, I would use this magazine as my inspiration.


For my magazine that I want to create, I want to do a travel theme. This magazine will be geared towards more adults who want to go on vacation. There will be more affordable options and more luxury choices and traveling hacks. I chose this topic because traveling is something that I really like, and I want to research more places to go. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review

To Team or Not to Team

Magazine Cover Review