To Team or Not to Team

I have made a decision on whether or not I want to work independently or with a team on the AICE Media Studies portfolio this year. I have decided to work with a partner, Katie, because both of us do better when we are in groups. Our personalities match really well, and we have worked together in other classes and done well on the projects. Stated in the article “The effect of personality type on team performance” “Personality types have an essential role for the success of IS development team performance. Katie and I know each other's personality type and work ethic, which will make working together a lot easier. We will both bring different things to the table, so this is why I am choosing Katie to be my partner. 


On Katie's social media, it is very 
simple, but she is creative. Actually, Katie also has a photography account and it has very well taken picture on it. She can teach me how to properly take a good picture and have them turn out well. I have worked with technology for a long time, so I can help her ideas come to life and look really well done. According to “The effect of personality type on team performance”, it states, “The ideal team should be highly diversified in the talents and knowledge each member contributes, while maintaining open, nonthreatening communication” Katie and I each have something we will be good at, so it will make the project easier and look better. We each know our strengths and weaknesses. One of Katie’s strengths is that she is creative and loves to design pictures. However, one of her weaknesses is she is not the best at writing. My strength is that I am good at designing pictures and writing, but one of my weaknesses is that I'm not the most creative. Since Katie is creative, she can come up with some cool and interesting ideas and I can produce them. In the article ““Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability” it stated, "They've come to understand that they don't always have to say 'yes.' ... They trust each other and understand how to have healthy conflict...”. Katie and I know how to work well together, allow each other to share our ideas and include both of our ideas. 


Also, on the "Lost at Sea" activity, I got a better score when working with a group. The difference in points between doing the activity alone and with a group was ten points. Those ten points can really make a difference. When working with a group on that project I learned different things and different point of views on each item. Talking with the team, allowed me to hear their ideas and better understand them.  


So, my final decision is to work with a partner, Katie, because we both know we will be able to work well together and allow each other to use both of our ideas. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review

Magazine Cover Review