Decision Day

 My initial impression of InDesign and Premier Pro was that I think Premier Pro might be more difficult to use than InDesign. However, Premier Pro was not working on my computer, so I wasn’t able to play around with the program very much. InDesign looked fairly simple and easy to learn after the videos we watched. Premier Pro helps you edit videos and add them all together to make a movie. InDesign allows you to paste pictures, draw, type and make shapes so you can create a magazine, if I choose to do that.

 One component in InDesign that will help me is the way you can edit photos because it is pretty easy to do and there are many options to choose from. Using InDesign will allow me to make sure I can get a really good main image and play with all the fonts, so I can attract more readers and produce more sales. A component from Premier Pro that will help me if I choose the movie is that I can assemble the videos and edit them to create the type of movie I want. I can add certain sound effects to enhance the movie, cut and paste different clips to keep the attention of all the viewers and I would be able to try and make almost my own style of movie. 


For the project I am going to do a magazine project because I liked the InDesign program better than the Premier Pro program. Personally, I was really able to play with the InDesign program and figure out how to use most of the tools. These two programs are really great for editing, whether you decide to do a movie or magazine. Many magazine brands have to now make magazines online because they get more subscribers and attention.

 InDesign can be used easily to create a magazine. In the article “Survival of the Fittest: Four Editors on the Future of Literary Magazines” “The Internet has created easier access to readers, more diverse channels for promotion and funding, and a greater variety of publishing formats than ever before. can use photos that I take, edit them, then I can create my “story” with the way I edit them and the colors I use. I can use different effects to create a certain mood.

 According to the article “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom “Technology supports a wealth of storytelling options and can be used to create digital book reviews, digital puppet shows, and even movies with green screen and video-authoring apps.” Using the features on the InDesign program, I can create a magazine that attracts an audience and can tell a story that relates to the assignment. Also stated in “Our Place in the Universe: The Importance of Story and Storytelling in the Classroom” “The brain actually experiences the story in the same way it would as if you were inside the narrative itself.” If I can create a really good magazine that tells a story, the audience should be able to realize what I'm trying to say just from the magazine. With the InDesign program, I will be able to create a magazine that tells a story though the photos I edit, size and color of text and font. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Title Sequence Clip Review

To Team or Not to Team

Magazine Cover Review